For children in foster care and families struggling to overcome violence in their homes, finding the resources to go back to school prepared to succeed can be challenging. VIP wants to give clients brand new backpacks filled with the essentials they need for their first day of class. Last year we distributed 800 backpacks to clients and their siblings. This year we are working to reach a goal of 1,000 backpacks filled with supplies for the new school year, and we need your help! Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Visit our Amazon Wish List to buy and send backpacks & supplies right to our door!
- Organize a drive with your family, office, or community group to collect backpacks and supplies. Promote using our flyer.
- Donate today and allow us to use your donation where it is needed most to purchase any unfulfilled supplies.
- Volunteer to organize donations and prepare the backpacks before we distribute them to the children. For more information, please contact Manny Caro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you know a business that might want to donate backpacks and supplies, talk to them about VIP or let us know and we will make the call.
Our target donation deadline is July 28th, though we will gladly accept any back to school donations through August 3rd. If you have any questions, want to schedule a donation pick-up or drop-off, or would like us to come and speak to a community or school group about the drive, please call us at (323) 221-4134 or email at email@example.com.
Please note, all donations can be delivered to:
VIP Back to School Drive
Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
1721 Griffin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90031